Popular Posts

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Distance education module

This has been a BuSy week...back at school after ten days off (1 week for Winter Break, 1 day for Work Schedule Adjustment), lots of rain, benchmark testing, working on grad school and practicum stuff, my son's birthday, ending the basketball season for both kids, and generally just busy.

I've worked the most on the distance education module to go along with my staff development unit. This has been interesting and fun. My school is in the progress of deploying iPad2's to all homeroom teachers. My staff development will be on grade-specific apps that can be used. Finding tutorials and/or creating them has become quite an adventure! For some of the apps, I have found great video tutorials all ready to go; for others, I'm figuring out how to create them for iPad apps without simply video-ing them.

All in all, it's been an interesting and eye-opening adventure. My students are enjoying the progress because I'm trying out the apps I plan to use on them and so far, they. love. them! A couple of kids are begging for one specific app over and over...ToonTastic. It really is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment