Popular Posts

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Grant writing

Well, not to sound like a know-it-all, but I've written A LOT of grants.  I mean. Really. Quite a few of them.  If I had to guess, I'd go with about 20.  Some have been simple, 4-6 question type things to at least one that totaled about 34 pages (of course, it was for over $100,000 so long was logical)... to be honest, this may be one of the simplest tasks I have to work on for practicum.
Anyway, our local Partner in Education and Education Foundation offer up grants each school year.  They're later coming out this year than normal (honestly, we'd starting thinking that with all the budget cuts, this was one of them), but they're due on Sunday so that's what I've been working on piece by piece this week.  I am working on one (with a co-teacher) that we will really submit for some first grade leveled reading materials, but also one that could be submitted for the media center.
I like grant writing. I know many people think that's crazy, but I do.  Finding the right words to use, how to describe the project, its goals, how it will be measured, what outcomes we can look for. I just like it.  Receiving money to buy things for our Title I school/kids that I can't afford to do on my own...priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment